International Trainer, Speaker, Coach, author of Bubble Wrapped Children & Want to Adopt
and adoptive parent.
Helen is the founder of FAB Parents.
A little about me. I adopted a sibling group (aged 5,4,2) in the early 1990s from the UK Care System. My approach is pragmatic and real. I have lived with children who lie, steal, self-harm and were expelled from schools, amongst many other things.
I have worn many different hats in the adoption and fostering world, including:
– running a local (Adoption UK) support group for adopters for a decade
– membership of the Government Adoption Task Force
– trustee for the charity Adoption UK for 6 years
– delivered training on Trauma Triggered Behaviour to thousands of parents and professionals in the UK, Australia and New Zealand
– conference speaker and lobbyist.
Helen Oakwater is a leading learner. She has a commitment (some might call it an addiction) to learning,
QUALIFICATIONS: Coaching related
- NLP Practitioner (2×20 days with Ian McDermott: ITS London)
- NLP Master Practitioner (2×20 days
with withIan McDermott: ITS London)
- NLP Coach (20 days with Ian McDermott & Jan Elfine: ITS London)
- NLP Trainer (20 days with Robert Dilts, Judy DeLozier, Suzi Smith: NLPU: Santa Cruz, California)
- NLP Coach & Modelling (16 days x2 with Robert Dilts, Judy DeLozier NLPU: Santa Cruz, California)
- Success Factor Modelling (15 days with Robert Dilts, Judy DeLozier NLPU: Santa Cruz, California)
- some courses were repeated after being invited to be part of the resource team
- plus various short courses, seminars, conferences etc
mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Technique)
- mBIT Coach (4 days with Suzanne Henwood: Birmingham)
- mBIT Master Coach (6 days with Grant Soosla, Suzanne Henwood, Wilbert Molenaar, Amsterdam)
- mBIT Coach Trainer (6 days with Grant Soosla: Melbourne, Australia).
TPM (Thought Pattern Management)
- Practitioner (12 days with Fiona Sutherland: Penzance, UK)
Group Mastery Certification (Group Dynamic & Non Verbal Communication skills)
- Fully Certified (2x 16 days with Michael Grinder, ITS London)
helen the Author
Helen’s first book Bubble Wrapped Children: How Social networking is transforming the face of
Helen’s second book “Want to Adopt: how to prepare yourself to parent a child from the care system” is now available to buy worldwide and we are delighted to announce it reached #4 on the Amazon Bestseller’s List.
Helen is an avid traveller and adventurer and can be seen on any of the 4 corners of the world, trying something new and sharing her knowledge.
‘My thirst for learning continues and grows.’ – Helen
She is also a highly qualified and experienced Executive and Personal Coach,
SUBSCRIBE TO THE fab parents NEWSLETTER today
Just checking if you breath, smile and are not a robot!